Club Membership Site
Meet Schedule & Results
Nebraska Junior Olympics
National Junior Olympics
Coaches & Volunteers
Flyer Family News
Katelyn Gochenour, Michelle Wallerstedt,
Emily Sisson, Alexandria Gochenour
Hall Of Fame
E-mail the Flyers
Welcome to the home page of the
CORNHUSKER FLYERS TRACK CLUB
The Cornhusker Flyers are a USA Track & Field
Nebraska Association member youth club,
offering an opportunity for boys and girls ages 18 and younger in the
Omaha metropolitan area to participate in the sports of track & field
and cross country. Our track & field season runs from April
to July and our cross country
season runs from September to December. To learn more about the Flyers track program, see our
Club Information page.
(coaches/volunteers listed are unable to attend)
All practices at Millard South High School, 149th & Q, starting at 6:00 p.m. Wednesday practices will begin with a team/parent meeting.
|Wednesday, July 19
||Thursday, July 20
|Monday, July 24 |
|Wednesday, July 26 |
|Thursday, July 27
All Flyer athletes, coaches, and their immediate families are invited to attend the
Cornhusker Flyers Awards Night
on Sunday, August 13, 6:30 p.m. at
St. Columbkille Church.
here by Tuesday, August 8, 11:59 p.m.
27 Flyers competed in 64 events at the
Region 8 Junior Olympic Championships
at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse in... where else... La Crosse, Wisconsin from Thursday, July 6 to Sunday, July 9.
Flyer athletes won 34 medals, including 11 bronze, 7 silver, and 3 gold!
Regional medalists were:
here. Complete results
• John Slagle, 17-18 Boys 2000 meter steeplechase, 6:39.57, 2nd
• Haley Miller, 17-18 Girls long jump, 17' 3¼", 3rd
• Haley Miller, 17-18 Girls triple jump, 35' 8", 4th
• Brianna Botts, 17-18 Girls high jump, 4' 11", T-3rd
• Kennedy Gochenour, 17-18 Girls discus throw, 126' 0", 4th
• Kennedy Gochenour, 17-18 Girls javelin throw, 116' 4", 1st
• Haley Miller, 17-18 Girls javelin throw, 71' 1", 5th
• Kennedy Gochenour, 17-18 Girls hammer throw, 79' 11", 3rd
• Henry Slagle, 15-16 Boys 2000 meter steeplechase, 7:32.77, 3rd
• Ginni Lynam, 15-16 Girls triple jump, 32' 5¾", 4th
• Eliana Akough, 15-16 Girls shot put, 37' 5¾", 2nd
• Eliana Akough, 15-16 Girls discus throw, 110' 7", 3rd
• Milee Young, 15-16 Girls discus throw, 109' 11", 4th
• Eliana Akough, 15-16 Girls hammer throw, 89' 8", 3rd
• Milee Young, 15-16 Girls hammer throw, 86' 5", 4th
• Ian Klimowicz, 13-14 Boys triple jump, 35' 10½", 3rd
• Tyler Wilson, 13-14 Boys shot put, 39' 9¼", 5th
• Tyler Wilson, 13-14 Boys discus throw, 120' 1", 5th
• Tyler Wilson, 13-14 Boys javelin throw, 112' 10", 3rd
• Ian Klimowicz, 13-14 Boys javelin throw, 109' 5", 4th
• Jackline Paul, 13-14 Girls long jump, 15' 11½", 5th
• Jackline Paul, 13-14 Girls triple jump, 32' 9¾", 2nd
• Rachael Chambers, 11-12 Girls high jump, 3' 11¼", 5th
• Ava Akough, 11-12 Girls shot put, 30' 7", 2nd
• Katharine Beachler, 11-12 Girls shot put, 29' 2", 3rd
• Katharine Beachler, 11-12 Girls discus throw, 60' 0", 4th
• Ava Akough, 11-12 Girls discus throw, 57' 5", 5th
• Katharine Beachler, 11-12 Girls aero-javelin throw, 90' 10", 1st
• Rachael Chambers, 11-12 Girls pentathlon, 2024 points, 2nd
• Andrew Hawkins, 9-10 Boys 400 meter dash, 1:05.90, 2nd
• Andrew Hawkins, 9-10 Boys 800 meter run, 2:37.23, 2nd
• Sophia Scott, 9-10 Girls shot put, 21' 11", 3rd
• Sophia Scott, 9-10 Girls mini-javelin throw, 82' 0", 1st
• Madison Charles, 8 & Under Girls mini-javelin throw, 35' 7", 3rd
The Cornhusker Flyers have their own Smartphone App! It'll keep you up-to-date with your favorite team's news, events, results, and much more.
To get the full features of your team's App, you need to download Team App onto your smartphone. Download Team App here (http://teamapp.com/app).
Its 100% FREE! Launch Team App and search for Cornhusker Flyers. Then:
1. Sign-up to Team App. You'll be sent an e-mail to confirm your registration.
2. Search for your club's App and request access to group(s) that apply to you.
If you don't have a smartphone, go to https://cornhuskerflyersxc.teamapp.com. Questions? Contact Flyers coach
National Youth Ranking System
to see how your
2017 season best marks
Going to the Nebraska state track meet? Get a competition
schedule of the Flyer kids here. (If any names are missing, please let us know.)
8 Flyer kids competed in 12 events at the 2017
Nebraska state high school track meets, winning a total of 7 medals!
36 former Flyers
are competing in track & field, cross country, and other sports at colleges and
universities across the country. (If any names are missing,
let us know.)
View 2016 Nebraska Association Track & Field and Cross Country Awards Banquet pictures
Flyers: To sign up for a meet, go
Brian Zimmerman before the entry due date/time shown.
|Monday, July 24 to Sunday, July 30 -
USATF National Junior Olympic Championships @
Rock Chalk Park,
Lawrence, Kansas --
composite Flyer schedule --
stipend guidelines --
metric conversion chart
|Sunday, August 13, 6:30 p.m. -
Flyers Awards Night @
St. Columbkille Church,
Papillion (RSVP here by Tuesday, August 8, 11:59 p.m.)
|Tuesday, June 26 to Sunday, July 1, 2018 -
USATF National Youth Outdoor Championships @
The College at Brockport,
Brockport, New York
Look in our Calendar
page for dates, times, and sites of upcoming Flyer practices, meets, and other special
events. When possible, any postponement or cancellation information will
appear on our home page as it becomes available.
Two Flyer athletes are in a
USA Track & Field promotional video:
Alexandria Gochenour (at 1:17, 2:30, and 4:37) and McKayla Roberts (2:20).
See where kids can eat free (or almost free) in the Omaha metropolitan area.
Attention: ex-Flyer athletes and coaches! Our
Flyer Family News page features
an Alumni Profiles section.
Let your old Flyer friends know what you're up to by sending in news about yourself.
look both ways
before crossing the long jump runway.
Beat the winter blahs here.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments concerning the Flyers or the web-site,
please send us an
e-mail. Thanks for visiting!